Usually, I express my thoughts through bits of hurriedly scribbled poetry which I manage to scrawl during my leisure hours, but today I’m going to write a normal blog post.
Yesterday, it was my 21st birthday and like any other day it was a busy day at university, amidst books. These days, I feel as if I’ve become book-bosomed. (Thank you for the word, HB!)
Anyway, I was wondering about the lessons life has taught me in these past 21 years. Honestly, I feel so old right now. 😛
Here’s what life has taught me.
- People may come and go, but it’s you who gets stuck with yourself for the rest of your life. So, forgive yourself and be good to yourself.
- Learn to let go of petty things. It’s not necessary to join each and every argument you’re invited to.
- Develop the art of moving on. It may hurt you initially, but with gentle steps you’ll overcome the bridge connecting you two. In the long run, it will be beneficial for both of you.
- There will always be people who will try to bring you down, intentionally or unintentionally. They will always try to leech the happiness out of you. Stay away from them!
- Your parents are the only people in this world who love you, unconditionally. Please, remember that!
- The fewer friends you make, the happier you’ll stay.
- Make your books, your diary – your best friend!
- You may hate your school right now, but trust me when you look back, you’re truly going to miss those days!
- Choose your career wisely! Listen to your heart.
- It’s your inner beauty which matters the most, not the outer one. Pouts don’t make you look beautiful, girls! Neither do the amounts of like on your Instagram pictures. Stay raw. Stay beautiful. But most importantly, stay YOU!
- Stay happy! Don’t depend on others to bring you happiness. If you can’t find it, then you’ve to create it. It’s just a bad phase, a bad day – not a bad life.
And lastly, I’d like to say:
“Vita Mutatur, Non Tollitur”
Life has changed, not taken away